Sunday, March 21, 2010

Looks Familiar. . .

What follows are some funny examples of copyright infringement that companies get away with here in the Philippines. Do this many other places in the world, and you could have a lawsuit on your hands. Enjoy!

I especially like this one, because based on the packaging, it even looks like a spoof (but its not). Its a totally shameless imitation, which made it all the more of an entertaining find. The name of the product is "HI-RO" by the company "Fibisico"! It gets better. The tagline says "New Look, Same ORIGINAL Taste" (Emphasis added). Wow. Gotta love it.


This was taken at Hundred Islands, one of the prettiest places I have ever been. I am almost positive I saw Hugh Heffner in that outrigger canoe. Or maybe it was just an gray-haired, wrinkly German tourist in an old bathrobe and a Speedo. I guess we'll never know.


I have to admit that I was more than a little surprised to see Mario, everyone's favorite video game plumber, making sales pitches for DiY (kind of like ACE Hardware in the Philippines). I guess Nintendo just wasn't paying him enough residuals from Super Mario Bros 3 and MarioKart. Hey, even protagonists from 80s-era video games gotta eat.

I hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I did when I first saw these in person! A new post is coming soon. I want to thank all of the people that have been viewing my page and showing support! Keep spreading the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment